SC Business Litigation Attorneys Focus on Positive Results
Cost-effective, efficient representation for resolving complex disputes
Since 1984 attorneys of Lewis Babcock LLP have helped resolve business disputes for clients throughout South Carolina. By combining the deep resources of a large law firm with the client-centered focus of a small practice, we have provided robust legal representation that consistently delivers results through principled negotiation, arbitration, mediation, or litigation in state and federal court. Our business litigation team handles a wide variety of business and commercial cases, including conflicts arising from:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Contractual interference
- Corporate governance
- Fraudulent business practices
- Insurance and reinsurance issues
- Intellectual property
- Intentional damage to a business relationship
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Noncompetition or nonsolicitation agreements
- Officer and director wrongdoing
- Ownership and partnership disputes
- Tax issues
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Unfair competition
With many types of legal claims, it can often be advantageous to resolve the parties’ issues through a negotiated settlement. However, when this isn’t possible, our experienced business litigators vigorously represent our clients’ interests in court. Our team approach enables us to manage complex litigation in a cost-effective manner, saving our clients time, frustration and money.
Experienced business litigators represent various stakeholders
Lewis Babcock attorneys litigate business disputes from a variety of perspectives on behalf of different stakeholders. Their individual experiences enable our attorneys to understand our clients’ interests as well as those of the adverse parties and to find creative solutions to seemingly insurmountable conflicts. Clients we serve include:
- Business owners — We help to resolve partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, investment litigation, and other controversies that bring into question the good faith or competence of ownership. Many actions involve the enforcement of partnership agreements or allegations of shareholder oppression following attempts to “squeeze out” or “freeze out” minority owners.
- Startups, small businesses and corporations — Our attorneys represent plaintiff and defendant businesses in disputes over deceptive trade practices, unfair trade practices, theft of trade secrets, infringement, and antitrust violations. We represent businesses in commercial landlord-tenant disputes and other real estate litigation issues.
- Employers and employees — We represent employers as well as employees in a variety of labor and employment, discrimination, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), ERISA, and wage and hour claims. Our clients are businesses and corporate officers as well as other salary and hourly employees. We also represent high level executives and companies in disputes over executive compensation packages, severance, stock options, noncompete agreements and exit strategies.
- Individuals and consumers — Our firm represents consumers in disputes with various businesses, including contractors, lenders and insurance companies. We assist homeowners and other policyholders in disputes over insurance coverage and allegations of insurance bad faith or insurance fraud.
We can also prosecute class actions on behalf of plaintiffs who have been harmed in a substantially similar way by a single defendant.
Contact Lewis Babcock LLP about your business dispute
When your business interests are threatened, Lewis Babcock attorneys help right the wrong. For more information about how the laws apply to your situation and to find out how our firm can help you, contact Lewis Babcock LLP online or call our offices at 803-771-8000 to arrange an appointment today.