Columbia & Sullivan’s Island Personal Injury Attorneys Fight for Justice
Maximizing recovery for the injured in South Carolina
The personal injury attorneys at Lewis Babcock LLP aggressively advocate for the rights of South Carolina clients who have been seriously injured by the carelessness or misconduct of others. We recognize that your injuries and financial hardships impose a heavy burden of physical and emotional pain that can negatively impact the rest of your life. We work closely with you to develop a strategy to get you the compensation you deserve. Our firm includes attorneys who are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry. You can trust us to handle your claim with integrity and professionalism.
Types of personal injury cases we handle
Our lawyers are deeply knowledgeable about how South Carolina personal injury laws protect injured individuals. We are committed to vigorously pursuing fair compensation for your injuries, including obtaining recovery for medical bills, current and future lost wages, rehabilitation costs, permanent disability, psychological trauma and property damage.
We are experienced in handling various personal injury cases, including:
- Slip and falls. If you were injured after a slip and fall on someone else’s poorly maintained property, we’ll work to hold the negligent parties accountable.
- Motor vehicle accidents. We represent those who are injured by careless drivers. When serious injuries result from driver error, alcohol-related crashes, speeding and distracted driving, we’ll dedicate ourselves to your case.
- Truck accidents. Many factors contribute to tractor-trailer accidents, including driver fatigue, speeding, distracted driving and blind spots. Injuries caused by these crashes can be severe, including head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, back and neck injuries, and much more. We care about our clients, and we’ll fight to hold responsible parties liable.
- Wrongful death. Did you lose a loved one due to the willful or negligent actions of another person? We handle all wrongful death cases, including auto, motorcycle and truck accidents, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse and neglect.
We also represent clients in cases related to:
- Asbestos-related injuries and illnesses
- Construction site injuries
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Infliction of emotional distress
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Uninsured motorist
Personal injury lawsuits require dedication in order to resolve efficiently. Our highly-responsive staff and established attorneys provide you with personalized attention and quality service.
How fault is established in South Carolina personal injury claims
In order to collect on an injury claim, your lawyer must prove that the person who caused your injury was negligent or otherwise failed to live up to the applicable standard of care. In a typical negligence case, your lawyer must prove that:
- The person or corporation responsible for your injury owed you a duty not to injure you, but didn’t live up to that duty.
- There was a connection between the other person’s or company’s duty to you and your injury.
- You suffered damages.
Under South Carolina’s comparative negligence law, if your own negligence also contributed to your injury, the amount you can recover may be reduced in proportion. Our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers will fight to get you the maximum compensation for which you are entitled.
Is it too late to file a claim?
If you’re considering filing a personal injury lawsuit in South Carolina, act now. The state’s statute of limitations gives you three years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit in civil court. Lack of immediate action can also cause delays that contribute to the loss of evidence supporting your claim. We’ll work to resolve your matter effectively, and within the time allowed.
Contact our office to schedule your initial consultation
Lewis Babcock LLP helps right the wrongs associated with negligence. We are passionate about what we do, and we’ve established a reputation in our community for helping people file personal injury claims that get results. For more information about how the laws apply to your situation and to find out how we can help, contact us online or call our offices at 803-771-8000 to arrange an appointment today.